Women love facelifts. Last year more than 119,000 women received facelift surgery in the U.S. These women are now enjoying tighter skin, less sagging, and a rejuvenated facial appearance. You may be surprised to learn that men love facelifts too. Men accounted for 9% of all facelifts last year. Male or female, come see us to rediscover a younger looking face with a facelift.
What Is a Facelift?A facelift, also called rhytidectomy, is a surgical rejuvenation procedure for the lower face and neck. During the procedure, we lift sagging facial muscles, reposition fat, redrape and tighten skin, and remove excess tissue. This restores youthful facial contours and reduces wrinkling. A facelift can correct many common signs of facial aging including:
- Midface sagging
- Deep creases under the eyes and between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Excess facial fat
- Double chin
- Loose skin under the chin and jaw
Why Do Men Get Facelifts?Men choose facelift surgery for many reasons. Why are men considering this rejuvenating procedure?
- Career Pressure- In a competitive job market, men want to stay at the top of their field. Many believe that looking younger will translate into better career success. Men may consider surgery to gain an advantage over younger, less experienced workers in their field.
- Slow Aging- Getting older is inevitable, but you can fight back. Facelift surgery resets the appearance, helping recipients to look younger for many years to come. Age on your own terms!
- Rediscover Youthful Appearance- Do you look in the mirror and not recognize the man looking back at you? Many of our male facelift patients want to rediscover a younger looking appearance. They want to look on the outside the way they feel inside, fresh, young, and revitalized.
Are Male Facelifts More Complicated than Female Facelifts?All facelifts, male and female, require a highly skilled plastic surgeon with extensive facelift experience. Male facelift surgery offers surgeons a few unique challenges including:
- Highly Vascular Skin- Men tend to bleed more during and after a facelift, increasing the risk of a post-surgical hematoma.
- Difficulty Hiding Scars- Men typically have shorter hair and wear less makeup than females, making it more challenging to hide scarring. A male facelift surgeon must carefully place incisions to minimize visible scarring.
- Heavier Tissues- Males have thicker skin and heavier facial tissues than women, making it more difficult to lift and reposition the skin and muscle.
- Facial Hair- Careful incision placement is needed to ensure that facial hair patterns remain natural after facelift surgery. Special attention must be given to ensure that the hair line remains consistent and that facial hair growth around and behind the ear is minimized.
Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation for MenA facelift isn’t the only option for male facial rejuvenation. If you want to look younger, but aren’t ready for surgery, come see Dr. Petroff to explore your options. We offer many non-surgical treatments for both men and women including:
- Botox- Botox is a popular procedure amongst our male patients, so popular that many men jokingly refer to the treatment as “Brotox”. This injectable treatment relaxes facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles. It is an excellent option for any wrinkles caused by muscle activity. Get rid of crow’s feet, forehead creases, and lines between the brows. No downtime is needed and results last up to six months with a single treatment.
- Facials- Discover your best skin with a personalized facial at the Petroff Center MedSpa. These facials are non-invasive and can dramatically improve your skin without surgery or downtime. Let us create a customized facial to address your skin concerns.
- Laser and Light Treatments- Treat redness, rosacea, broken capillaries, age spots, dull skin, and more with a laser or light treatment. Come discuss your skin concerns with us and we’ll recommend the right rejuvenating treatment for you. Many of our laser treatments require no downtime.